Air Force Marathon

Air Force Marathon
1 down...50 to go??

Friday, June 1, 2012

FOUR Muffies!!

We did it!!  All of us!!  And when I say "all of us" I mean me, Seester, Ronen, and...BONZO.  Yes...hiding underneath the salmon colored shirt is our 2nd kiddo, affectionately named after a garbonzo bean.  She was named somewhere around the 7 mile marker of the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in Jan, based on her approximate size at the time.  (Seester was studying for an embryology exam  that weekend.  We were multitasking!)  In any case, we huffed and puffed through Raleigh with Ronen in the jogging stroller AND Bonzo in my belly.  But did that slow us down??  No way!
In fact, we finished in approximately 2:50 - FASTER than we did in Disneyland.  With a stroller.  And a two year old.  And a fetus.  Not bad, eh?  I confess that I'm not doing much running these days, but I am trying to put the daily miles on the eliptical trainer and I don't know what I'd do without my weekly prenatal yoga classes.  We've got our eye on the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon in Orlando in November.  I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of EATING in the meantime.  I've been a casserole person lately -- I'll try to post my two favorites this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment